Few Things to Take Care of Before Moving
You must have heard the saying ‘If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”. Just like other areas of life this little saying fits just right for moving. You might have heard from a lot of people that moving can be very stressful, but if you plan well you can have a worry-free, smooth move. You would know about your move at least 6-8 weeks ahead of time. Utilize this time well, so that on the day of moving you have nothing else on your mind except for enjoying your new home.
First of all you should find out charges of packers and movers. This will help you in determining a moving budget. There are a number of reliable movers and packers in uae. We have already selected some of the best home packers and movers from all over uae on our site. You will find contact numbers of movers and packers along with the different services they provide all here. Along with researching movers and packers you should also research a bit about your new neighborhood. Speak to your realtor in details, knowing what to expect before you get there really makes a difference.
As you go through movers and packers rate list and other details, make a moving checklist too to make the process easier. We have created a checklist according to the timeline, so as you get things done ahead of time you can cross them out.
Things to do 7-8 weeks ahead of moving day:
- Make a moving folder. It is a good idea to get a file in which you can easily add papers. Keep this handy at all times and keep it with you on moving day.
- Compile all the important papers and documents you might need. These would include: your passport, work documents, doctor record any other financial and legal documents, contract regarding the current and new home. Etc
- It is also a smart idea to find out about insurance coverage while moving. You will see that most movers and packers in dubai and other cities give you some sort of damage insurance for your goods.
Things to do 6 weeks ahead of moving day:
- At this time you should start going through your thing- declutter! Go through you clothes books even some pieces of furniture. You will find a lot of things that you no longer need. You can sell or donate gently used pieces.
- When you speak to the packers ask them if they provide storage service. You will find that most of the international movers in abudhabi, sharjah, ajman and dubai have warehouses. They can provide you with storage facility. If you do not want to take something with you immediately, but feel might need it later you can always store them with the relocaters for a while.
- Start making an inventory of things you will be taking along or keeping for storage. As you make your inventory also take photos of valuables for insurance purpose in case of damage or lost.
Things to do 4-5 weeks ahead of moving day:
- Make sure you get your address changed at the bank, phone company or any other service providers
- As for the utilities, check the utility service providers at your new place and see if anything needs to be done.
- You would also need to cancel any subscriptions or get the address changed for future convenience.
Things to do 1-3 weeks ahead of moving day:
- Start packing your things. Do one room at a time.
- Make an overnight bag which should have medicines, toiletries and a few pieces of clothing.
- Do leave your contact details with a neighbor or friend in case of an emergency.
Successful moving is all about planning and sticking to the plan. Get a free quote from SA movers and packer who can plan your move with you and guide you through each step. Also, go through the blogs section for more details and techniques regarding moving process.