Hiring Movers to load a Truck & Get The Moving Job Done Yourself
Moving is quite expensive and we try to cut corners wherever we can and save as much as possible. It is possible to pull off a DIY move if you are determined. While it is possible to move some of the smaller items on your own, you may need to get hired help to move larger things. By trying to move everything yourself, you may cause something to break or worst cause yourself an injury. Moving with an injury will dampen the mood while moving and overall make the experience unbearable. You can hire many movers and packers who will just load and unload your belongings on to a truck so that you don’t have to load heavy objects or drive and the movers will do it for you. Many companies like ABT packers and movers and rainbow packers and movers will do that for you. It will also substantially lower your cost of moving! Now that is a great deal.
The first step in this process is hiring movers and packers. It is important to hire the equipment from movers and packers exactly when you need it. This will save you time and money. The cost of movers and packers will vary according to the services you need. If you do not know, the best way to do this is consult the company you will be hiring. Moversandpackrs.ae has many excellent options of movers and packers around UAE. Some maybe more expensive than others depending on the type of services they provide. The location also matters, for instance movers and packers in Dubai cost slightly more than in Ajman. However you will find one in your range that will suit your needs precisely. You can then find out what are the options they offer and acquire their services. You can then get your quotation. DIY seems fun but can be quite difficult, if you look through a few movers and packers, you can find a good deal to your satisfaction.
You can get a date and set time with your movers and packers company. If you plan to load the truck yourself, they usually leave the equipment for you to do so. Alternatively, you can request labour to do so. If you only request truck or a container; once you are done loading it, the company will transport it to your new home. This process repeats at the unloading time. If you want to do it yourself then they leave the container with you for a day or so.
Some things that should be done before requesting for the movers and packers are listed here to help you get through the process with utmost ease.
- Make a list: Decide which items you would want to load yourself and which ones you want the loaders to move. This will save you a whole lot of trouble on the day you move. It will also save you money if the labour you hire charge you per hour.
- Pack up your appliances: Electric appliances can be a bit tricky to move. You need to ensure that the washing machine has been drained and dried, the fridge and freezer also need to be defrosted and cleaned out. Find boxes for your appliances especially your TV and sound system. If you do not have the original boxes then make sure that the ones you find are sturdy. Label them as ‘Fragile’ and ‘this side up’ to guide the movers.
- Find a parking: Make sure there is a parking available for the truck or container that can be blocked for a day or two without causing any inconvenience to you or to your neighbours. Make sure it is a safe and legal parking spot. This should be done in advance for your new and old house.
- Prepare your house: While moving, make sure that there is a clar pathway through the door till the truck. Not only will this help the process move along faster but it will also ensure that there are no mishaps while moving.
- Keep your valuables safe: Moving high value items such as jewellery should be done personally. If they are in a cupboard or drawer, it is better that you tuck it away in your purse. A better strategy is to keep it in the bank in a safety deposit box that you can get later
- Keep young kids and pets away: If possible send your kids away to stay with a friend or family. If that is not possible, make a designated room for them and keep them occupied while you are making the move so that your attention is not diverted and everything goes according to plan. If the kids are too young, you can always hire a sitter.
- Tipping the movers: While tipping is not necessary, it is advisable. These people work long hours and they are helping you move. A good gesture takes you a long way.
Make sure you get a good nights’ sleep before the move or you will be tired all day. When the day finally arrives and the movers and packers show up make sure you go over the contract with them and find out if they know all the details. If something is not in place, call the company you have hired directly to sort out the matter quickly. They will resolve your problems because with the ever growing competition, nobody wants bad word of mouth. They will know how to get the work done and will have all the specialized equipment required but guide them as to how you want the work done to avoid any dissatisfaction.
When everything is done and all the stuff is loaded, you can get moving!