Relocating Across UAE? Breaking Down The Moving Process
Moving and relocating to a bigger and better place is certainly a big move. The one which every one of us dreams about but unfortunately, dread at the same time. However, it doesn’t have to be as complex as one perceives it to be if you just dig right into it the moment decision is made rather than procrastinating about it. If you compartmentalize it and break it into small tasks the idea of relocation doesn’t seem all that daunting. If you start preparing early and look at some of the certified movers and packers and how do they go about the business you can easily take full control of the task in hand. If you are planning on relocating we will break down the whole moving process for you which make your life much easier.
Ideally, you should start by contacting few reputed companies in uae and get packers and movers estimated cost. Obviously online searches are the best; you will get all sorts of price quotes and contact information. Some of the movers and packers may ask you to submit a form online with your basic information so they can give you a more accurate budget estimate. This save a lot of time and energy which you can spend elsewhere doing much productive things. Once you get a price quote you can decide how much of the work you want to do on your own and which part of relocating should be left for a professional mover team.
Next, you should start looking for packing supplies. You will obviously be saving some money if you pack your belongings yourself; however, most global movers and packers will also provide packing services. This might add a little to your budget but the professional movers will get the job done more efficiently and quickly. Of course your belongings may also be better packed and safer, so if budget is not an issue you can trust a professional packer with all your belongings with eyes closed.
So whether decide to leave everything to the packers or just hire them for the relocating part here is what you should do.
- Deal with the necessary paper work. This includes informing utility companies at your current and to be residence. Make sure the cable, telephone, internet and all other utilities are working fine. Whether you are renting or buying the paper work must be all sorted out beforehand and all the papers must be kept in a separate folder or document bag which is easily accessible at all times. You never know what document you might need when!
- In the meantime start to declutter. There is no point packing and paying for items you would not be needing. We all have things lying around in the garage, attic and store rooms which should not be there. This would actually be one of the most time consuming bits. Hold a garage sale, donate, give to charity anything you have not used for over a year. If you haven’t used it in a year or more chances are you never will so you should not worry about packing it and finding a place for it in your new home.
- Then organize all the items that you would be taking along. Ideally it is a good idea to organize the items according to the rooms they will go in such as kitchen, different bedrooms, store room etc. you should make an inventory list and also take pictures of fragile items. Take as many pictures as you can so if anything gets damaged while moving you can later make a claim as all professional companies will give you insurance against your goods.
- Once you have this sorted and have a clear idea about wht you need to take along, go looking for packing supplies. Most professional packers such as: international packers dubai can help you with this part as well. When you finalize your team of packers you see that you can buy proper moving gear from most of them. They will also guide you about what you must buy. Look for sturdy boxes. However, it is a good idea to recycle and you will see a number of grocery stores and departmental stores throw away these boxes, so you can definitely make use of them. Next you need masking tape, newspapers, bubble wrap, some labels and of course markers.
- Make sure you label the boxes clearly. You can even number the boxes and make a separate inventory list. As you have already organized your items it will be easier to pack the boxes. It will also save time when you are unpacking them. You can simply open one box at a time and again do this process of boxing and unboxing room by room. Sort your belongings thematically.
- Pack glassware and other fragile items such as decoration pieces, paintings and rugs with extra care. It’s a good idea to have separate boxes of these and make sure you label them fragile.
- Pay attention to every little detail when you move. You must prepare a small overnight bag and a small carton with all the other things that you might need the moment you move.
- You must take care of all your valuables and jewelry. So obviously these are the things that should be packed and you must bring them to your new location with you.
- Most movers will not touch any hazardous materials such as chemicals or paints too. So if you are a fan of DIYs and have such things in your house you must find a way to pack them yourself and these will be going with you too.
- When it is the actual moving day, it might be a good idea to call over a friend or two. They can look after the things as you instruct the movers. When they are loading your things they obviously would require some on the spot instructions which only you can give.
You can find all sorts of professional relocation packers and movers here in uae so whether you are looking for cheap movers and packers in sharjah or if budget is not an issue for you, you will find something to suit your needs in every case. Just relax, plan ahead and all the best for your move!